2020 Port Lavaca
This year has been unusual, to say the least, and we struggled with how to host the annual Christmas Food Rally at HEB to benefit the Calhoun County Food Bank., there wasn’t a way to have it in our normal form.
However, the need is still great, so we will have a food rally, but it will be 2020 style.
Your organization is invited to attend this exciting and fun event which will benefit those in need. All the food goes to the Food Pantry and they will distribute it. As you may know, the Food Pantry is low on food and needs our help. We are hoping you will help by participating in this rally. It is not required, but please dress up in your favorite holiday costume.
Here are the details of the event:
• Shopping will span three days, Dec. 12-14. Your team may shop at its convenience any time during this time.
• There is no entry fee.
• Register your team by filling out the attached entry form.
• Costumes are still optional and we will have an award for the best costume.
• When you arrive at the store, you will go to customer service to pick up your shopping list.
• Donation for food items is approximately $80.00. This year, the shopping will be non-perishable. The Chamber & H- E-B will take of perishable items.
• There will be some clues in the list that could win you some prizes!
• Let us know when you plan to shop. We will have someone there to share your adventure on Facebook Live, time you and cheer you on!
• Three winners will be chosen through a random selection of numbers that will coincide with the team shopping order. You will be notified during check-out if your number is a winning number. If so, your groceries will be paid by us during checkout. Please make sure to let the checker know you are shopping for the food rally.
• Items should be delivered to the Calhoun County Food Pantry, located at 331 Alcoa Drive, Monday, Dec. 14 between 9 a.m. and noon or 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. If you need assistance with pick up, please let us know.
Below you will find the entry form as well as a flyer to post as a reminder for this event. Please complete your entry form and return it to Port Lavaca Chamber of Commerce Events Office located at Nautical Landings Marina (106 S. Commerce St., Suite 4, Port Lavaca, Texas 77979) or email to email@example.com. Should you have any questions or need additional information please contact the Port Lavaca Chamber of Commerce at 361-552-2959 or Tania French at 361-920-9788.
Thank you in advance for your help in ensuring a hearty holiday season for those less fortunate in our community.
The Port Lavaca Chamber of Commerce